Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Tuesday 1 January 2013

A Very Happy New Year...Let's Make 2013 a Good Year

Here we are again then, 1st January and a whole new year stretches out before us.  Happy New Year to you all and welcome to my new followers, it's great to hear from you and I wish you well with your own personal journies too.   There will be ups and downs like there are in every year, but I hope we can all learn any necessary lessons as we go, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and just make this a cracking year.

I didn't go out last night, I didn't even buy anything special to toast at midnight.  However I did have a nice enough evening at home with hubby.  Dinner was healthy, cheap and delicious:  marinated tofu and sliced onions & peppers in an Approved Foods 'Sweet Chilli' wrap kit.  I had some gifted Roses chocolates to get rid of for "dessert" later too.  We watched a comedy DVD I got for Christmas and used up the odd bits of alcohol & mixers we had left over from Christmas. Then we watched "Old Jews Telling Jokes" on BBC4 for an hour which was another well needed laugh.

The TV was switched over with 30 seconds to go before Big Ben chimed in the New Year and the fireworks started.  I *love* fireworks so watching them is a treat.  I'd absolutely love to be there in person but it's just not going to happen for a few years so I'll have to make do with watching on the goggle-box for now.  We went up to bed at about 1.00am, I had already fallen asleep once on the sofa by that time.

I had a big lie in this morning as I had nothing to get up for at all.  I have no children or pets and hubby was happy downstairs playing a Wii game so I enjoyed a cup of tea brought to me in bed (before the Wii was switched on!) then more snooze until 11.00am!  I have not slept that late for a very long time (not counting being ill) and I bloody loved it.

After breakfast and a few chores I indulged in a bit of "free" home pampering i.e. self eyebrow maintenance, deep hair conditioning, a face scrub/mask I already have followed by a hot shower with a gorgeous Weleda rose shower gel followed by matching rose body lotion and a self administered foot rub!

Lunch was using up some fancy cheese I bought in for Christmas, on toast with a couple of spoonfuls of caramelised red onion chutney on top - delicious!

So you probably spotted the theme is making the most of what is already in the house and enjoying the day off!  The start of the year is going to continue with using up and wearing out what is already here.  Everything from slivers of soap to wash hands with to incorporating those left over pickled onions into something I'm sure!  (Suggestions welcome!)

Back to work tomorrow for two days then off on Friday as the car is in the garage for MOT & annual service and I have a couple of odd days of leave to use up.  I don't cycle to work in the winter.  So I intend to catch up on home admin and perhaps another day of home pampering, a wardrobe clear out and re-arrange (teaming existing things together a bit more stylishly) and going through the kitchen cupboards to see what we can cobble together as a meal plan over the next week or so.

I feel positive about it and happy that 2013 is finally here.  This IS the year for change!  This IS the year I start to get my life back on track where I can start enjoying it again for all the right reasons.

Thanks for reading today, thanks for the recent comments too, you know I always appreciate them.

x x x



2 comments:

  1. Great to read your post as usual and glad that you sound much more positive. Hope 2013 is everything you want it to be x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. Best Wishes with all your projects in 2013. Jx

    ReplyDelete