Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Sunday 3 June 2012

The Jubbly Weekend!

Hi there, how are you on this rainy Jubilee Sunday? I am having a day of enforced relaxation as it's pouring down outside! It's been lovely though - I had a bit of a lie in, then came down to a lovely breakfast of tea & brown sugary porridge which hubby made, then after washing up I embarked on some home administered pampering (free!) topped off my a long hot shower with my favourite soap "Dove" which I treated myself to yesterday as I had some Tesco vouchers.  I love the smell of Dove soap it's so nice.

After a frugal lunch of beans on ALDI seeded bread toast (which incidentally is one of my favourite lunches!) I am now watching some tv.  I don't know about you but I am middle-of-the-road when it comes to the Royal Family and all this Jubilee stuff.  I'm watching the start of the flotilla because it's history in front of me and I feel I want to see at least some of it.  So here I am, on the sofa, cup of tea, tv on, laptop here...and I'm quite happy.  Hubby has closeted himself away in the other room with his OU studies - he's hardly what you'd call a Royal fan!

Life's been quiet generally although I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday to discuss my recent blood test results.  I already know what it's going to be about......I am vitamin D deficient.  I had to visit the nurse for something else in this last week and she looked on my notes when I mentioned it and told me!  I am happy that at least I know what I am being "recalled" for and I know that it is quite easily treatable.  And on the plus side, once my Vit D levels are back up to what they should be I am hoping this will give me a big boost and help my back problems as well.  For those who don't know, Vitamin D deficiency can give way to aches & pains and bone pains amongst other things.

There is a vacancy opening at the hospital within the department I work in and I am in a dilemma about it.  It's going up a banding and I would be a "Senior" should I go for it and get it (and my Manager thinks I should go for it and that I have as good a chance as anyone even though I have only been there 8 months!).  However I quite like the job I am doing right now and would quite like a bit more time doing it if I am honest.

But these opportunities don't come up very often.  I know I could do the job although there may be a short period of time to get some foundation knowledge built up (wouldn't take too long) but the big question is...do I want to do it?  Lots of people are saying "Just go for it!" even if for the interview experience but I need to answer the question of myself first:  "do I want this job?" before I waste anyone's time (including my own) filling out a long application form and going through the tough interview process.  And what happens if I do all that and actually get offered the job and I am still not sure if I want it!  Imagine that!  (Getting ahead of myself a bit there though I know.)

OK well I hope you all continue to enjoy your "Jubbly! weekend break and the spectacle that is this flotilla, should you be watching it.

Bye for now.

xx

2 comments:

  1. The Jubilee celebrations (I watched a lot on t.v.) were excellent! So exhilerating. Good luck in whatever you decide re the job - I think sometimes the only things we regret are those things we DON'T do....give it a go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with whatever you decide to do on the job front. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of the weekend. Jx

    ReplyDelete