Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Monday 29 August 2011

Are the Seasons Changing Already?

Howdy all!  How are you today?  I hope you are well.

Well here we are on the last Bank Holiday before Christmas - eeeek!  I said the 'C' word.  Sorry.

Anyway it's still officially British Summer but doesn't it feel like Autumn today?  Well it does where I am!  Windy, chilly, cloudy with the occasional bit of sunshine.  I refuse to put the heating on yet - it's chilly enough to warrant having it on a bit later in the day to take the edge off but, no way!  Heating on in August is just wrong.

So I've got thick socks on, jeans and a long sleeved top and am drinking lots of tea today.  Haven't really got a great deal of funds to get out & about on this Bank Holiday which is a shame but with it being so uninviting out there I don't feel like I am missing out on much.

To keep me out of mischief today I've shampooed the spare room carpet (again) to make sure the borrowed Vax is ok before I give it back later.  I've also vacuumed all of downstairs, washed up & given the kitchen a once over, I've shopped locally for a very few essential items and I've cleaned some windows on the inside.  Also caught up on some correspondence with friends.

I finish my despised job this week then I have the time off between jobs that I am so so so looking forward to!  Wish me luck though people.  I really don't want this new job to fail. 

Oh....Aldi  I have been buying more bits & pieces from there to see how things go.  Really pleased with some stuff i.e. bread, strawberry conserve, chocolate, fig rolls (yeah - essentials here!), kitchen cleaner & all the fresh veg / fruit I've bought.  Not so keen on their honey nut cornflakes but at 99p a box you have to try these things!  I will definitely be using them for my weekly top up shops though and hope to save a bundle.

I had a massive piece of luck last week in that I ordered some salon hair products off EBAY (shampoo & conditioner) in a dual pack, each bottle being 280ml.  The guy shipped me ONE LITRE BOTTLES of each....and two of each!  I emailed him to let him know his mistake but in a nutshell he said keep them but thanks for your honesty!  So I now have enough shampoo to last me I don't know how long (I am going to give one bottle away to a friend as I will never get through two litres of shampoo before it's past its best) and the conditioner will last me about 6 months I think (my hair drinks conditioner).  Result!  That's going to save me some serious money for the rest of this year. 

I also got severely overpaid from work in my last pay packet which I 'fessed up to straight away (honesty is always best policy) but unfortunately they weren't quite so generous so I have to give the difference back tomorrow by cheque!  Oh well, better to get it sorted now rather than when they realise however many months later eh?

That's about it from me, not a very exciting update today but at least you know I'm still here!

Bye for now - thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I know, this weather is positively Autumnal! I've also resisted putting the heating on, although it has been cold enough in the evening to warrant it.

    Enjoy your time off between jobs!

    ReplyDelete