Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Monday 8 August 2011

Resist! Resist!

Isn't it interesting how different we all are?

There are some people out there, who, when faced with my current financial situation (trying to stop overdraft from spiralling out of control...it is not allowed to get over the free £250 overdraft I have!) would batten down all the hatches, pull out all the frugal cookbooks, burn their credit cards (or at least freeze them in a block of ice) and then inspiringly & creatively they would build their bank balance up again and then write a worldwide best selling book about it thus lifting them out of the situation altogether.

But what do I do?  Get a massive yearning to go shopping, go out for lunches with friends, treat myself to crap I don't need and generally stick two fingers up at the bank balance.  What the hell is wrong with me?

Now don't get me wrong, I have been very very good in the past, shifting thousands and thousands of pounds worth of debt from loans, credit cards and TWO massive overdrafts that make my current £250 look like small change, and my naughty spending ways have been curtailed immensely.  But my God does that little spending devil on my shoulder still exist. 

I am drooling over a Chinese takeaway I desperately want (I am taking notice of that word "want" rather than "need"!) from a fantastic place in our village.  I am also yearning for a vegetarian pizza....it's been I don't know how long since I had a pizza.  Maybe 5 months?  Actually that's not that long ago but it was a rare treat meal out with a friend and doesn't count.  I am thinking lay-about-on-the-sofa-with-pizza-from-box type pizza.  Yes readers I also have a sluttish lazy side!

I want to go out and splurge some cash in The Body Shop....how I love the vanilla range and the Neroli range.  I have run out of both, all bar the few washes of Neroli shower gel I have left.  Oh woe is me!  How dreadful life is that I can't afford my favourite body lotions and potions!  Ahem.

Ah well.  I just have to keep on resisting for a while.  Damn it, it's hard sometimes though!  Anyway readers, don't judge me on my yearnings....but you can judge me on my success or failure to resist them...I guess time will tell right?

On the positive side, I am back to a normal shift this week....fabulous!  This time last week I still had half an hour to go at work, this week I have been home, had dinner, washed up, cleaned the bathroom, started a load of washing off, cleaned the kitchen down, sent some emails, made my lunch for tomorrow, polished all of upstairs and the coffee table!  And still two hours or so before bed time.  I feel quite virtuous. 


I think I will sit down and watch an episode of Supersize vs Superskinny that I recorded yesterday.  That'll keep me out of trouble.

Bye bye for now!








No comments:

Post a Comment