Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Monday 1 August 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

And ain't that the truth!  Where did my time off go?

And goodness me it is almost a week since I last posted.  I was back to work today on a weird shift which I am on all week.  So my 'evenings' are everyone else's getting ready for bed time!

Well where to start.....oh yes, David Tennant and Much Ado About Nothing.  Good grief I haven't laughed so much in a long time believe me.  He is hilarious and so is Catherine Tate.  I had an absolute ball on Saturday afternoon and my ultra generous friend who purchased the tickets did too.  We spent a long time chatting before and afterwards and also had several 'pit stops' in cafes (which were very welcome as we walked a long way round the streets of London town to avoid packed, hot underground stations and save money!) and we both agreed the show was a complete winner.  Definitely recommended if you have the money for a treat and there are any tickets left.  I think it runs till September.

I also met up with a couple of other friends last week and I didn't blow my social budget and I even brought some cash home from London too so I am quite pleased about that.  I have put a fiver's worth of petrol in the car to see me through till I can top up properly towards the back end of the week and completely wasted £1.05 in the vending machine at work on rubbish today but I was starving!  We had b*gger all in the house to take to work apart from a banana and a sandwich.  When I popped into a shop before work to buy something sensible for extra, I just wasn't hungry at the time and looking at all the food made me feel a bit queasy.  So I made my exit!   Obviously regretted that later on.

I have had the formal new job offer letter now subject to my CRB check coming back ok and the Occupational Health Department not causing a fuss over anything on my Health Questionnaire.  I would hope this means I can start mid September.  I am having a small amount of time off between jobs which will be unpaid unfortunately but I am prepared to pull the belt in even tighter in the Autumn to enjoy a bit of time off when the weather will still be good as who knows when my next time off will be?  Maybe Christmas.


Well that is about it for now - I have come over really snoozy and can't concentrate so instead of waffling on about nothing I shall bid you good night and hope that you all have a good week.

Bye for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment