Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Monday 9 July 2012

Back!

Hello!

Well the good news is, the cold has gone.  It did take it's time to fully bugger off, but bugger off it finally did.  About the middle of last week I suppose. 

The bad news is....I did my back in again at the end of the week.






I have to say it was probably all my own fault.  I wasn't lifting a box from the waist as per above.  Actually I did a free home work out last Wednesday, using the wii fit and Just Dance and I went a bit bonkers without a proper warm up, no warm down and no stretching afterwards.  What a complete IDIOT.  Anyway the next day I felt like, well, I'd done a work out (I also cycled to work and back) then by Friday things started to feel a little uncomfortable in the lower spine area.  Come Friday night I really knew about it.  But decided to do all the housework anyway to get it out of the way for the weekend.  This included washing kitchen & bathroom floors.

I'm so smart aren't I?




So anyway you can probably guess how Saturday & Sunday went can't you?  I am 41 but felt about 91, seriously.  I could barely lean forward at the sink to clean my teeth and leaning over the bath to wash my hair was an adventure to say the least.

Anyhow after many hot water bottles, pain killers, stretches and shifting of positions later, it is on the mend now.  Oh, I managed to give myself a blister from a very hot water bottle too, to boot.  Doofus.

Anyway it's getting there now, I can at least move more freely and I went out for a half hour walk at lunchtime with a colleague/friend for some free exercise.  My back feels better if I am moving around actually.

So, lesson learned.  Exercise is clearly bad for you!  Only kidding.

Well I weighed myself tonight, convinced that I was going to be a bit lighter.  I have been so good recently in that I have cut portion sizes down, I have resisted lots of in between meals snacks (a previous downfall) and I have been more active than I have been in a long time.  Uh UHHHHHHH computer says NOOOO.  Apparently I have put ON two pounds since last weigh in 5 days ago.  Well thanks a bloody lot. 

The answer is definitely not to give up and push a box of white chocolate chip cookies into my face to cheer myself up, I know that.  The answer is not to stop being active or go back to the bigger portion sizes.  I know that too.  The answer is to be thankful that tonight I am still able to wear a pair of size 12 jeans I bought in a charity shop about 3 years ago and be thankful that my waist size hasn't increased.  It's still under the national average by about 2 inches. 

However my doctor thinks, even after looking at me and seeing I am not particularly big, that it wouldn't be a bad idea to lose a few kilos.  I am 5' 7" and weight 12st 7.  That is officially overweight. And tonight - I've shown I am even going in the wrong direction, after a week of being especially good & active.   

If I had stayed the same weight I could maybe accept that.  But to put 2 pounds on in less than a week?  Oh and yes I do weigh myself at the same time of day as I know that can affect things. 

It's annoying!  I am so annoyed!  REALLY ANNOYED.

I'm off to sulk.


 
I hope you're all having a better evening than I am!

Bye for now.  Sleep well. xx

4 comments:

  1. Would you try eating protein for a week to see if you can lose those 2 bounds?
    Egg for breakfast, chicken for lunch and fish for dinner. After the week you can add in some vergetables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Enid & Ciaran, nice to have you on borad & thanks for commenting. I am a vegetarian so don't eat lots of protein of the meaty kind. Do you think it works the same for tofu, beans & other meat replacements?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm firmly of the opinion that scales (like photocopiers) have the ability to read our moods. They are co-operative if we are happy and positively mean if we feel a bit low.....!!! All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I see your response now....... Apols for suggesting chicken and fish.....ooops! I think Tofu would work - but how much would you have to eat? Also a small amount of nuts I think. Whatever you do - stay away from the carbs!!!!

    ReplyDelete