Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Thursday 12 July 2012

Giving Up Not An Option....

Evening readers.  Thank you Enid & Ciaran for your protein suggestion recently.  Unsure if you would have seen my comment in response?  Basically I thanked you very much but said I am vegetarian so I don't eat meat or fish.  I wondered if there was a veggie equivalent that might work though!   Feel free to suggest anything, I am open to suggestions.

Well things feel like a long hard slog at the moment.  Weight going in the wrong direction even though I'm trying.  Overdraft going in the wrong direction...even though I'm trying.  Ever just feel like someone up there just doesn't like you?

I made a saving of over £30 on my home insurance recently....brilliant.  Only for the next day a tyre needed repairing as a screw went straight through the middle of a rear tyre (which was new last summer and has barely on miles on it).  Fair enough not as expensive as a brand new tyre but annoying nonetheless.  You could argue that the home insurance saving paid for that, yes that is definitely one way of looking at it but I had been ecstatic that it was going to be a big £30 chip away at my overdraft.

I was cycling to work to save money on parking AND get some exercise....the rain won't stop coming down now and if it does I have a bad back through other exercise I did trying to be healthy!  Great.

And a million other niggly bits that have happened, that I won't bore you with, but suffice to say I feel deflated.

But I know.....you just have to carry on don't you?  Tempting as it is to throw my hands up in the air and say "Why the hell do I even bother?" I know that'll result in things really sliding downhill. I guess I am just feeling a little down and wishing that something encouraging would happen to give me a boost.

TTFN I think I will go off and browse some blogs for some inspiration.

Fingers crossed for a better post next time peeps!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment