Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Sunday 24 February 2013

Fun Weekend for a Fiver!

Good evening to you all. Hello to my new followers and thank you to Dan, Maysie and Amanda for the comments on my last blogging, it's always a pleasure to read people's responses and these were all lovely ones. Thanks again. (And Amanda, I am glad for you!)

Well I am back from a great night away at an old school friend's place. She invited me down and two of her other friends who I met for the first time. They were good fun and we had a real laugh. We stayed in and my school friend cooked some absolutely delicious food and I as left in charge of the ipad & Spotify to select good tunes to cook & chat to! They said I did well and there was some dancing in the kitchen at one point so that's got to be a good sign right??

We polished off the food, a fair amount of wine (I took a bottle for a fiver) and a home made dessert was also tucked into.

I think I made it into bed at 3.15am and was up again at about 10.15am. After a quick shower & breakfast I had to get back so hubby could have the car for work in the afternoon then I promptly fell asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours! I just can't do those sorts of late nights these days without writing off the next day, that's a oung woman's game! I doubt I will be later to bed tonight (my Lenor laundered bed!), I think "Being Human" will have to wait till later in the week.

But it was such a laugh and just what I needed before another Monday morning rolls around (urgh).

How about you? I hope you had some fun over the weekend, in whatever form that took!

Have as good a week as you can.

Bye for now. x

1 comment:

  1. I can't do late nights (early mornings) either and I couldn't when I was younger. Hope you've caught up with your sleep now.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete