Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Friday 21 October 2011

And relax.....

Well it's Friday!  For a 4 day week, this week has felt like a long 'un!  I think next week will be even longer as there are only 2 people to do 4 people's jobs.  EEEK!  Still it'll keep me out of trouble.  Hopefully.

Hello to Atilla and your DH sounds very sweet!  Enjoy the blooms.

I don't know if any of you others follow Frugal Queen but I am really concerned about her post tonight; saying she is contractually not allowed to say why she's not posting.  I hope she can come back.  I love her blog.  She won't have a clue how much it's helped me not to stray too far from the straight and narrow over the Summer, but it really has.  But really and truly what is most important right now is that whatever it is that is going on, let's hope they're all OK down Cornwall way. 

In other news....I didn't spend a penny of my 50p today, it's still nestled in my purse (2 x 20p and 1 x 10p piece!). 

Happily it's warmed up a bit in my neck of the woods and on Sunday could get up to 18 degrees AND windy.  Me being a line-drying-of-the-washing freak, this pleases me no end.

Not much else to report unless you're amused at the thought of me keep sniffing my arms tonight as I showered after work using Aldi's moisturising soap (69p for 4 bars).  It reminds me a bit of the green Palmolive soap you don't seem to be able to get any more (or is that just my area?) and I really liked it.  So as far as I am concerned I smell gorgeous!

OK time to go...going to put a film on soon and enjoy the Friday night feeling.  And ohhhhh a lie in tomorrow....bliss.  Not for too long though....got laundry to do!  :-)

Bye for now.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I also read Frugal Queen's Blog and I was a little worried. I'm sure we'll find out what has happened in the fullness of time.

    I'm so pleased you've still got your 50p, I think you're doing really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on to those pennies. You're doing well. I, too, hope Frugal Queen is not in any trouble. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure there are many people worried about her. Hope you had a good lie-in.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete