Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Monday 17 October 2011

Monday Monday

Well I am not at work today, I have a day off and it was lovely to lay in till 8.30 this morning!

It's turned really chilly & drizzly overnight here but I am still not putting the heating on!  I have however dragged out a halogen portable heater and have turned that on in the living room to take the chill off.  I won't be leaving it on much longer though as it'll probably have the electricity meter whizzing around.

I have the back curtains closed - Keshling are you listening? - to try and retain what warmth the heater produces and I am enjoying my first cup of tea of the day so that's warmed me up too. 

Popping out later to see a friend and along the way I think I will be doing a few chores including paying some loose change into the bank (if the sorting machine is working) then picking up some moisture traps from the discount warehouse I have to go past....it's that time of year now where come the morning the windows are covered in condensation and the moisture traps help a bit.

I have also got to do a full inventory of what food we have left in the house and see what meal plan I can come up with.  I don't get paid until next Tuesday and I have a budget of £24 (yes, not £23, not £25, but £24!) to get us through to the end of the month, or actually, ideally 2nd November (long story) for fresh fruit & veg, milk, bread, fillings for home made sandwiches for lunch, stuff to make evening meals out of etc.  £24.  Good job we don't eat meat!  I'll see what I can come up with.  I am sure Aldi will help me out.  It's going to be tight though. 

Luckily I have plenty of washing powder, fabric conditioner, washing up liquid, household cleaning products, shower gel, hair stuff, hand soap, loo roll, body lotions & potions & dental hygiene products so no spends on that kind of stuff.

Well I should get stuck into it shouldn't I?  The sofa is toooo comfy though...very tempting to just sit here for another half an hour daydreaming. 

OK bye for now - hope you've had a good Monday.

xx

1 comment:

  1. And why not have a "sofa" moment? Or even an afternoon?

    As I'm retired, I sometimes indulge myself in a sofa afternoon, especially if the weather's awful. I love to put a DVD on TV and just chill. I usually end up asleep though, so I don't always get to see the end of whatever it is I'm watching!

    ReplyDelete