Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Saturday 5 November 2011

Fireworks!

Happy Firework Night to those who enjoy this night of the year.  I personally love it.  We are hoping to go to a display at a local school and then come back for mulled wine and veggie hot dogs with onions and potato wedges....yum!  It depends on the weather though.  Yesterday they forecast teeming rain...if that turns out to be right, we won't be going.  But now there is talk of just drizzle, which is more bearable.  We shall have to see.  But the hot dogs & wine are still on the menu whatever happens!

Hubby & I went out for our meal last night and we really enjoyed every morsel.  Fortuitously the restaurant has an offer on at the moment of £10.95 per person for poppadom & pickle tray, a starter, a main course and one portion of rice or a naan with it, which we didn't know about till we got there so that was a pleasant surprise.  We had a really good chat about things and just enjoyed each other's company.  It gave us a boost I think.

We came home and watched a favourite film on DVD together and had a few more drinks and generally felt happy & contented before retiring like fat beasts, to bed.

This morning I am doing some chores & laundry and later will pop out for fresh vegetables and to pick up my re-soled work boots then can settle down for the afternoon at home before making a decision on the firework display. 

Tomorrow I am meeting another friend for a good chat and a couple of cups of tea I am sure which I am very much looking forward to.  She's one the best friends a girl could have and I don't see enough of her as it is so, a lovely way to spend an afternoon of my time off.

I hope you have a lovely weekend whatever you are up to.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. There's lots of bangs and flashes round here. I think I'm better off indoors cuddled up to a cat. Enjoy your 'do' and the refreshments afterwards.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Bonfire Night and enjoy the rest of your weekend too!

    ReplyDelete