Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Monday 26 March 2012

A Calmer Day...

Hi there.  Thanks for your comments on yesterdays ranting post.  Happy to say I am a lot calmer today.  I am glad I am not the only one who is angry & frustrated about things though.  Well, not that I ever seriously thought I would be.  But it's good to get some feedback anyhow.

I have had the day off (using up straggling days of annual leave as the holiday year starts again in April) and it was another cracking day today.  I sat outside this afternoon on our little patio area and enjoyed sunshine for a while.  No sun cream on....I am sure I am vitamin D deficient after what feels like an eternal winter indoors in jumpers and cardigans so I was going to get some sun on my skin! 

I enjoyed watching the bees and the odd butterfly in the garden, flitting between the springtime flowers and I had the odd ladybird come visit me too.  My second Approved Foods order arrived early afternoon and there were some already chilled bottles of ginger beer in the package (I guess it gets cold in the back of that delivery van!) so I enjoyed sipping that in the sunshine.  A neighbour in a nearby property had their non obnoxious music on relatively quietly and her little toddler was making cute little toddler noises which all made for nice backdrop sounds for once!  Aaahhhh it was lovely.

I have a friend coming over soon who I haven't seen for a good 6 months so I am looking forward to a cup of tea and a shared Twix (!) and a good catch up.

Back to work tomorrow (sigh) but at least the weather is supposed to be great for the rest of the week so that should make for good cycling weather.  Looking forward to Easter now - especially as I have some more time off then as well! 

Here's hoping you get a nice big Easter Egg (and if not...buy your own!).  But I should be posting again before then.  Here's something to whet your Easter appetite though! 

1 comment: