Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Monday 5 March 2012

The Start of Another Week

Good evening all - thanks to those of you who have commented recently, it's nice to know I am not just talking to myself! 

So here we are at Monday again.  I have the house to myself tonight as hubby is out so my evening has consisted of the following:

* Washing up & clean up kitchen after a quick 'n' easy Monday night meal of veggie burgers, oven chips & beans!  It is our only "fast food" of the week as neither of us can be bothered on a Monday night but it's still reasonably healthy and much cheaper than a real fast food take out.
* Making a menu plan for the coming 7 days.
* Taking delivery of the monthly delivery of vegetarian freezer stuff, soya milk and the other bits I can't get from ALDI.
* Watching SuperScrimpers (actually thank God its finished now...I felt duty bound to watch it but didn't really learn anything new though I appreciate some people had their hearts in the right places).
* Doing another quick online shop with Tesco to get the 'offer' tofu stock up delivered on Wednesday and a few other required bits which prevents a 8 - 10 mile round trip drive with the added temptation of impulse purchases.  The £3 delivery charge would easily be swallowed up by the petrol and extra spending I am sure plus the things I ordered on offer saved at least that anyway.
* Made packed lunch for myself & hubby for tomorrow.
* Dug out a quick & easy recipe for a soup to make tomorrow for me which uses up a left over leek.  It contains soft cheese so hubby won't eat it but it will be a good freezer food for me.
* Sorted out a load of white washing to go on overnight & hubby can hang it out tomorrow after work (mid afternoon) for a while as no rain forecast tomorrow - but not much wind either :-S    May have to finish off in tumble dryer but if they can get even half dry I will be happy.

I was supposed to give the bathroom a good clean tonight as well but it's too late now and it had a once over at the weekend...it can wait another day or two at most!  There are not enough hours in the day sometimes.

Well I don't know how it is where you are but Winter feels like it has returned where I am!  I am very cold tonight and it's been pretty nippy all day.  We had some sleety snow yesterday and I think Winter is trying to have one last crack at us before Spring fully springs - what do you think?

Have a great week and I hope you all have something nice to look forward to or perhaps something unexpectedly lovely happens for you.  Bye for now.

x

1 comment:

  1. You are so good... My Monday evenings tend to involve a sofa and a snooze! I'm really bad at making the transition from weekend to working week! All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete