Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Back to Work....

So it was back to work today - ugh.  Still I know I should be (and am, in my heart) grateful to have a job to go to and a salary coming in at the end of each month.  It's just a bit painful after a long, fun weekend.

Anyway some good news today about money saving.  The house insurance is up for renewal this month and I had already had a quote in by post, which was less than I thought it would be.  So I called tonight to renew it.  The phone rang & rang & rang and I was left in a queue for ages (at 4p a minute damn them!) so in the end I hung up. 

I had a look on their website and filled out a new quote form and hey presto!  It was even cheaper.  By about £25.  So I bought it on-line instead of course!  So I am pleased about that especially as it means I can happily stay with the supplier of choice (ethical) and I get cash vouchers to spend in store towards Christmas and next Summer so something back at the end of it too.

I also found out that the £18 a month direct debit for the child I sponsor through World Vision is coming to an end in August.  I am not going to commit to another child at the moment whilst things are so tight financially here month on month - but it's something I will consider again in the future.  I would never have stopped sponsoring him unless I literally lost my job but seems it has come to a 'natural' end with the project in his village ending, I feel ok about it now. 

As far as life's experiences goes, I have today agreed to do next year's Race for Life with some family members so that is something to look forward to and in a good cause as well.  Plus quality time with some favourite female relatives back in my old home town - sorted!

This Friday I think I will settle down with a dvd (The King's Speech) and if I still have any change rattling around from last weekend, perhaps a bottle of chilled beer and that will be a nice evening in for not a lot. 

I am meeting a good friend on Saturday for a very cheap lunch and an overdue catch up, then Sunday is open to ideas at the moment.  Perhaps an hour's home pampering with a DIY facial, a deep moisturising hair mask and I'll do my nails & paint my toenails too!  I have all the stuff already so won't cost me a bean.

I hope you're having a good week (or at least bearable) so far and hang on in there...not long till the weekend once we get past Wednesday lunchtime!  (Am I saying that more for my own benefit do you think?)


Bye for now.
x

1 comment:

  1. I also hope to do the Race for Life next year. I did it a few years ago and ended up having to take a couple of days from work to recover! I think more training was required. :)

    ReplyDelete