Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Saturday 23 July 2011

Sick Saturday

Oh dear this is not how I wanted my Saturday to be.  I don't feel well! 

I was fine this morning, I got up and went to get my hair done, no problem.  I have come home and made some lunch with bits & pieces laying around (used up some tomatoes, mushrooms, a tin of beans and a few hash browns) and did some chores.  Then about 2 hours ago I started to feel a bit dodgy.  I just feel a bit woozy and a little bit sick with a slightly sore tummy.  I really wanted to walk down to a local shop to get some lovely incense sticks they sell but I couldn't even face that.

I took two paracetamol earlier and catnapped for 30 minutes which has helped a bit but I don't feel 100%.  Hopefully it is nothing that will spill over into tomorrow and definitely not Monday as that is the proper start of my week off and if I am sick I will be really p'd off!

Sara if you are reading this & didn't spot it, I replied to your comment from yesterday about your DD.  She needs to take action - don't let him get away with it and her health has to come first as I am sure you have told her. 

So, I have not done too much today, just had my hair sorted out, cleaned the kitchen down, cleaned the bathroom, done three loads of washing which I have been able to line dry (hooray!), cooked a lunch/washed up and snoozed on the sofa!  Also drank copious amounts of comforting tea.

The little electrical gadget that tells us if we've used a lot of electricity has a sad face on today what with all the washing, kettle boiling & use of the oven/grill.  I get the feeling I won't have driven down the electric bill this month what with all the rain as I have had to use the tumble dryer recently.  I'll be submitting a reading in the next week or so, so I shall have an idea then. 

Well I think it may be time to use a few more pennies and make another hot drink, I am craving them at the moment.  And before anyone says anything about 'cravings' and feeling a bit sick, no it is not because I'm pregnant!  Definitely not! 

I hope everyone else is feeling much better than I am and has had a nice day so far.  Bye for now.
x

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

    Isn't it just the way, you have some time off and THAT'S when you start feeling ill..Sod's Law!!

    I really hope you don't get any worse and can enjoy your well deserved holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O dear ..what a start to your hols..hope your feeling much better today..thanks for the words about my dd..yes she is the one thata a hairdresser..i have encouraged her to go self-employed with it..but she likes the security of a payday..bless her...i really want to shake the living s**t out of her boss..her dad has already had words with him..that if anything serious happens to our annie then he will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life..threats yes..when it comes to our children wether they be 24 or 2..you don't mess with them unless you want to meet mum and dad..she is awaiting results from the cardiology unit at the hospital..alas she has been warned any more time off(3 days this yr) and she will lose her job...
    sure you not preggers lol...
    enjoy yourself
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anne & Sara - I started to feel better yesterday and even managed a long walk so thankfully, it seems nothing lasting and I am determined to enjoy my week off! Shame the weather is so boring....just grey 100% cloud cover today and not particularly warm!

    Sara, your daughter could definitely go self employed. The lady who does my hair got made redundant so she set up doing people's hair either in their home or in her kitchen, rinsing my hair off over the sink with a jug but who cares? She still does the same good job with my troublesome hair and at pretty much half the price. SHE makes more money and I SAVE money so we're both winners.

    I think your daughter should seek advice from CAB or somewhere to see what rights she has when it comes time time off sick through being signed off...I am almost sure this a55hole of a boss won't have a leg to stand on. He can't sack her for being sick - that is Victorian!

    I really hope she takes a deep breath and takes the plunge and leaves. It could be the best thing she ever does, to set up on her own and what is the worst that can happen? She has to go and work for another salon? Life is too short to get sick because of a crap boss and if you have a skill you can transport anywhere and can work for yourself I truly think you should as you only have to answer to yourself!

    ReplyDelete