Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Monday 25 July 2011

First Day of Week Off!

Thanks to those who wished me well from Saturday when I was feeling poorly and Sara I have added another comment re: your daughter.  If anyone is reading this and has some HR experience I wonder if you would mind having a read and contributing some knowledge?

So here I am on a Monday, feet up on the sofa doing some internet browsing after a busy morning in the home. ....I had a lie in but nothing too obscene!  I got up and had some breakfast then watched "How Clean Is Your Home" in my PJs....that programme makes me cringe in disgust but also fascinates me at the same time and I love to see the houses at the end.  I am pretty clean & tidy anyway but after watching that programme I am always inspired to do a bit more!  So I:  

  • Washed up
  • Cleaned the kitchen down (including the sink & floor)
  • Hoovered everywhere & removed all cushions off the sofa and hoovered up underneath them
  • Cleaned the bathroom floor
  • Wiped down everywhere in the bathroom (it had a deep clean on Saturday!) including skirting boards
  • Made the bed 
  • Emptied bins! 

Sat down for 10 minutes with a cup of tea reflecting on a few things.

I then did my nails & toenails and applied a facepack before jumping in the shower. 

I have had a frugal lunch of a banana and two slices of marmite on granary toast as we haven't actually got much in the house at the moment.  I am trying to eke out everything we have before I do another 'stock up' shop which means there isn't much to nibble on between meals...which is a good thing really!

I've logged on to check all ok with bank account & credit card - does anyone else feel compelled to log in every day to check in this day & age of fraud?

Been reading a bit more about Amy Winehouse and Frugal Queen posted about it this weekend on her blog, which pretty much encapsulates how I feel, although I don't have a daughter myself.  The news this weekend has been awful, so many dreadful stories.  The world is a brutal place at times.

Well it is time to go and do a few more useful things now and as Mum said, I can enjoy taking my time over them and having gotten them out of the way I will be able to do the other things I have planned this week guilt free. 

I am meeting a few friends over different days for drinks at lunchtime, I am also hoping to get out on my bike to see how long it would take me to cycle to my new job to save on petrol and parking fees (it's not a free car park unfortunately), am going to pay the loose change in our jar into the bank tomorrow and perhaps pop into the charity shops too to see if I can spot any bargains.  I have one evening out planned on Thursday which is just a couple of drinks with a friend to celebrate the new job but I will drive there so won't have to fork out for taxis.  It'll just be nice to be out and chat with my good friend as I don't see her that often these days.

I do have one big thing to look forward to though on Saturday - a trip to London to see a show!  But more on that later....

Have a good day and I hope your Monday wasn't too bad!

x

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you are feeling better. Enjoy the rest of your hols.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if you've got quite a few treats lined up for your hols, and why not!!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete