Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Downhill Now Till the Weekend!

That's why it gets called hump day!  No not being rude.....it just means once you're over lunchtime on a Wednesday it is over "the hump" and down hill to the weekend :-)

Well today was such a busy day again and my body aches from constant nose to grindstone, fingers ablaze on the keyboard and not even moving to go to the toilet till I was desperate!  But at least the bosses weren't in today so we could just get on with it without having them breathe down our necks.

I popped out at lunchtime to look for a new top, something smart because....I have an interview coming up!  Yes good news indeed.  I won't go into detail but suffice to say I am excited about it and it could open up a whole new world to me. 

I did find one top in the sale in Oasis for £20 (was £38) but I wasn't sure about the colour at all.  It was smart & functional, fitted and well made but I just wasn't sure.  I have wasted so much money in the past on clothes I "wasn't sure" about so I put it back and bought nothing.

Also I should really be having a trawl through second hand shops for a good quality bargain before I buy anything new.  I haven't got too much time though and there is only one shop close to my work (which is a bit crap to be honest) so I need to get it sorted to visit some others in the time I have. 

I have a small amount of time this Saturday before I meet a friend; there are two shops in the area I could quickly dash to.  But if I find nothing, the second hand shops will then close everywhere and in the city centre, until Monday but I'll be back at work then. 

If I don't find anything then I do have next Saturday (16th) but that's cutting it fine. However I also re-discovered a £10 John Lewis voucher in my purse left over from a birthday present so I could put that towards something new if there is anything good (but reduced!) in John Lewis.  Maybe I could pop in on Sunday and have a little look in case the bargain of the century is waiting for me!

I have had someone contact me for the item I offered on Freegle so that is good - hopefully she's coming to collect that tomorrow evening.  Unfortunately no offers to me for the item I needed though.

Well not much else to report today - I think I will go off to bed now as I am feeling very weary.

Here's hoping you have a pleasant downward slide all the way into Friday night!

Thanks for reading.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment