Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. I've been getting some thoughts & feelings, exasperations and the odd happy moment down on the blog which helps my sanity and, I hope, provides a little entertaining read for you for a couple of minutes!

Right now I am mostly concentrating on getting through a rocky financial patch which I really hope will be cleared (all being well) by the end of Summer 2013. In the meantime I need to concentrate on continuing to do well in my "new" job (actually got it in Sept 2011 but it still feels new!) and living my life as frugally as possible.

Thanks for stopping by and if you leave me an encouraging comment, it'll make my day. :-)

Thursday 14 July 2011

Oh Dear....

So just when I was getting a bit of a handle on things and trying not to get too het up about my job, things ramp up a gear in terms of stress.  It's like an obstacle course on a daily basis with new hazards hurled in to trip you up. 

I can't bear it much longer.  I noticed how stressed I was driving home when I realised how clenched my teeth were, how hard the grip was on my steering wheel and how completely ridiculous it was to yell "FAAAAAAAARK!!" just because I didn't make it past the amber lights in time!  That's on top of having to put the phone down on someone earlier in the day who just wasn't listening to me and refused to put me through to someone else and the unmentionable words stropped out on a regular basis throughout the day.  My shoulders ache constantly as I am so tense. 

I'm well & truly fed up and have had enough.

I know some of you will say "Talk to your Manager!" - believe me I have.  He's in the same boat.  The issues go deep.  The issues in my opinion are streamed down the chain.  Attitudes of those on high leave me incredulous at times and when it comes from Director level....where do you go from there?  That's right, job websites.  But as we all know we're fighting over not many decent jobs right now.

Trouble is I am not sure how long I can take it before I start seeing detrimental effects on my health both physical and mental.  I put some music on my Media Player earlier....a great dance track from a few years ago (way before this job) and you know how music can just transport you back?  Well it did, and the feeling was amazing.  It was like a mini 3 minute holiday!  It shocked me because I recognised this feeling........it was called cheerfulness.

Wish me luck for my upcoming interview.  I need to get out of where I am for sanity's sake!

Anyway, tomorrow is Friday.  That deserves a smile at least, no?

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a fantastic weekend.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment